If you're looking for a place to grow your skills and experience, take a look at Perimeter Healthcare! We're a behavioral healthcare company headquartered in Alpharetta, GA operating acute psychiatric hospitals and residential treatment centers. Perimeter Healthcare is a ten-hospital behavioral company growing rapidly. The company has a need for a Registered Nurse (RN) for our Behavioral Hospital located in Jackson, TN. We are offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for this role.
Perimeter Behavioral of Jackson is designed to treat acute mental health disorders in children and adolescents ages 5 to 17, and senior adults ages 55 and older. Perimeter Behavioral also has a residential treatment center that aims to treat chronic mental and behavioral disorders in children and adolescents ages 8 to 17.
Provides nursing care to assigned residents on the units by utilizing the nursing process, including determination of resident needs, provision of a safe environment, and encouragement of a high level of employee performance. Also, responsible for educating residents about various health conditions and current and/or new medications and provide advice and emotional support to residents and their family members.
The following shifts are available: 7am - 7pm and 7pm - 7am.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the development, interpretation, and implementation of Nursing Service's philosophy, objectives, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Utilizes the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating each resident's care and produces a written, comprehensive nursing assessment and up-to-date nursing care plan.
- Develops measurable goals on the Multi-disciplinary Treatment Plan that are mutually set with the treatment team, and resident.
- Modifies the nursing component of the Multi-disciplinary Treatment Plan as required, by revising resident needs which are determined by evaluation of care administered and established standards of care.
- Documents nursing intervention and resident response in progress notes and other areas as appropriate.
- Provides a safe, therapeutic environment that protects resident's rights.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with assigned residents to encourage resident’s independent behavior.
- Establishes and maintains professional contact with the resident's physician and psychotherapist, to assist in planning the resident's care.
- Assists with group therapy with appropriate approval and instruction.
- Acts as a Licensed Independent Practitioner (L.I.P), under the direction of the Physician, in Seclusion and Restraint episodes and implements and complies with the Organization’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to, the Emergency Safety Intervention policy and procedure.
Full-time, Part-time and PRN opportunities are available.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Certificates and Licenses
- Current state licensure and basic life support; required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of state and federal regulations pertinent to work area/job.
- Maintains required licensing and/or certifications current and up-to-date.
About Perimeter HealthcarePROVIDING HOPE AND TRANSFORMING LIVES Perimeter Healthcare is one of the leading mental and behavioral health care providers in the country. We deliver hope to our patients through the delivery of comprehensive and dedicated treatment programs. Our focus and commitment on service excellence is available across several states and different care settings. Our team ensures you receive the required care that you or your loved one needs. We offer several settings for our patients including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, residential treatment centers as well as outpatient counseling and therapies. If you're looking for a place to grow your skills and experience, take a look at Perimeter Healthcare! We're a behavioral healthcare company headquartered in Alpharetta, GA operating acute psychiatric hospitals and residential treatment centers. Perimeter Healthcare is a ten-hospital behavioral company growing rapidly.
Keywords: Psychiatric Nurse, RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse