GENERAL FUNCTION: The person occupying this position acts as care coordinator who, as part of a care team coordinates with medical professionals, families, and the Registered Nurse Clinical Lead to provide services which promote overall wellness and manage and linkage to primary care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assess the needs and problems of individual clients enrolled in Health Link.
- To work closely with clients and families in the development of a comprehensive person centered care plans for Health Link clients.
- Ensures the individual’s care is coordinated between the client and all Healthcare providers.
- Ensures the Health Link enrollees have access to needed services.
- To make recommendations regarding the treatment needs of Health Link clients.
- Provides education with individuals about their physical and behavioral health status.
- Assist the individuals in the development of self management plans for taking care of physical and mental illness.
- Educate and promote improved nutrition and physical fitness.
- Provides encouragement and support to individuals in meeting physical and mental wellness goals.
- Educate and promote smoking cessation.
- Provide support during a crisis.
- To complete documentation regarding care coordinating services provided to clients enrolled in Health Link. Participate in discharge planning following a hospitalization.
- Participate in discharge planning following a hospitalization.
- To educate the client and/or family regarding key components of their care to maintaincompliance and stabilization.
- To communicate with the prescribing professional, members of the mental health treatment team and other health care providers including the Primary Care Physician in an effort to coordinate efficient and effective care for the client.
- Check-in to ensure client is following through on appointments.
- Identify possible resources for client and/or family.
- Caregiver counseling and training.
- To complete documentation within required Center timeframes.
- Other duties as assigned.
PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS: In order to appropriately accomplish his/her duties, the person occupying this position will be required to maintain effective relationships with the professional clinical staff and the clients of Alliance Healthcare Services.
AHS has 6 NHSC site locations
Licensed staff (LCSW & LPC) may be eligible for student loan forgiveness
Email Resume to: [Email Removed]
or send to:
Alliance Healthcare Services/Care Coord
2220 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
Or fax to:
"Your Partner in Healthcare"
QUALIFICATIONS; KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED TRAINING: The person occupying this position must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or health related field. Experience in a medical and/or behavioral health setting is required.
About Alliance Healthcare ServicesAlliance Healthcare Services is the largest comprehensive behavioral health provider in Shelby County, and was formed in July 2013 through the merger of Southeast Mental Health Center and Comprehensive Counseling Network, each of which has provided services in the Memphis/Shelby County area for over 40 years. We are proud that our tradition of commitment to serving our community continues today.
Keywords: Psychology, Mental Health, Social Work, BA