Mental Health Specialist III (Licensed)
FEPI Mental Health Specialist III
(FEPI: First Episode Psychosis Initiative)
GENERAL FUNCTION: The person occupying this position provides direct services to Clients of Alliance Healthcare Service. This person participates in outreach/consultation and education activities and assumes other responsibilities as delegated by senior staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provision of face-to-face clinical services to clients of AHS who have been referred for counseling/therapy. Said services may include individual therapy, family therapy and/or group therapy.
2. Services to individuals enrolled in the FEPI program will follow the Coordinated Specialty Care (CSC), a comprehensive intervention model for people who have experienced a first episode of psychosis. Implement the CSC model by adhering to the On Track USA model.
3. Services to individuals outside of the FEPI program are to be targeted to those clients who do not need home-based case management and support services. However, case management services shall be delivered as needed as part of the counseling intervention. Said case management services may include phone calls, writing of letters, collateral education and support, referrals and other advocacy activities necessary to support effective clinical intervention and to improve the client’s mental health status.
4. If assigned to a Grant funded Program he/she will also be required to provide and follow all grant requirements.
5. To participate in the development of treatment plan, therapy progress, and discharge planning.
6. Services are to be provided in a way that maximizes revenue to AHS, while also recognizing the individual needs of the client.
7. To make recommendations regarding the treatment of clients.
8. To provide clinical backup for other Mental Health Specialists.
9. To comply with policies and procedures as outlined in AHS’s policy and procedure manual.
10. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor(s) to meet the needs of the consumer and AHS.
In order to appropriately accomplish his/her duties, the person occupying this position will be required to maintain effective relationships with the professional clinical staff and the clients of Alliance Healthcare Services.
AHS has 6 NHSC site locations
Licensed staff (LCSW & LPC) may be eligible for student loan forgiveness
Send resume to: [Email Removed] />
or mail resume to:
ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES
Human Resources - FEPI
2220 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
or fax resume to:
"Your Partner in Healthcare"
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED TRAINING: Master’s degree in Psychology, Human Services or related activity from an approved university training program. This person must hold a current license (LCSW or LPC) in a behavioral health area (Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Marital and Family Counseling, etc.. This person must also have demonstrated senior experience in coordinative role relationships or in the supervision of persons or programs delivering mental health services. Must be eligible for any/all credentialing required by regulatory and funding sources. Experience with seriously and persistently mentally ill consumers strongly preferred, as is experienced in a publicly funded service setting This person must also demonstrate an ability to work effectively in a treatment setting dealing with emotionally or socially disturbed individuals. The Mental Health Specialist III must demonstrate an ability to use mature judgment in problem resolution, to function creatively in evolving appropriate treatment strategies for Center clients to operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting. Excellent writing skills are required as is the ability to conceptualize and document clinical treatment goals, activities and outcomes.
About Alliance Healthcare ServicesAlliance Healthcare Services is the largest comprehensive behavioral health provider in Shelby County, and was formed in July 2013 through the merger of Southeast Mental Health Center and Comprehensive Counseling Network, each of which has provided services in the Memphis/Shelby County area for over 40 years. We are proud that our tradition of commitment to serving our community continues today.
Keywords: Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Therapist, Social Worker, Licensed, Mental Health, Master's Degree