Full Time or Part Time
GENERAL FUNCTION: The person in this position functions in treatment activities which involve the prescribing and administration of drugs, fall under the definition of the practice of nurse practitioner, and involve the delivery of direct service to clients of the Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Can include any of the following:
1. Follow all applicable standards of care outlined in the Center’s Policies and Procedures.
2. Follow a written formulary of legend and non-legend approved to be prescribed and/or
3. Follow guidelines/protocols for treating specific populations of clients.
4. Assess the needs and problems of clients of the Center.
5. Under physician supervision, to assess the need for and make recommended changes in
6. Participate in the clinical staffing of clients of the Center.
7. Participate in the development of treatment plans for clients.
8. Supervise clinical treatment by Center registered nurse, nursing staff.
9. Arrange for necessary medical treatment.
10. Order Laboratory and other diagnostic tests, draw blood and collect specimens, and evaluate
11. To provide nursing consultation for staff and participate in training activities related to the
delivery of services at the Center.
12. To make referrals to other agencies and/or other staff.
13. To participate in discharge planning.
14. To administer intramuscular medicines.
15. To perform those portions of physical examinations traditionally provided by Nurses.
16. To screen charts.
17. To chart information.
18. Other duties as assigned.
PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS: In order to appropriately accomplish his/her duties, the person occupying this position will be required to maintain a series of interpersonal/interprofessional relationships of both a lateral and hierarchical nature. He/she will come into daily contact with a wide variety of professionals and clients
Mail Resume to:
ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES
Human Resources - NP
2220 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
or fax resume to:
"Your Partner in Healthcare"
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED TRAINING: The person in this position must hold a degree from an approved educational program such that he/she is able to be licensed by the Tennessee Board of Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner. He/she must have the practical experience necessary to perform the duties assigned by supervisory staff and must be able to take responsibility for making clinical decisions.
About Alliance Healthcare ServicesAlliance Healthcare Services is the largest comprehensive behavioral health provider in Shelby County, and was formed in July 2013 through the merger of Southeast Mental Health Center and Comprehensive Counseling Network, each of which has provided services in the Memphis/Shelby County area for over 40 years. We are proud that our tradition of commitment to serving our community continues today.
Keywords: Licensed, Mental Health, Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric